The Inspiration for Peck&Feather.
For many years I have bred and exhibited pure breeds of poultry. This has led me to many poultry shows as well as country fairs, agricultural shows and other events all round the country. On my travels I have picked up numerous pieces of unusual and handmade silver jewellery depicting birds, but never poultry.
I have seen many a sparkly, paste cockerel pinned on to the lapel of lady judges, and thought how nice it would be to see something a little more delicate and a little less garish! On being made redundant in 2015 I decided to investigate this further, and having contacted many professional and amateur silversmiths in the UK, I realised that I would have to source these from elsewhere. After many months I have found Vivek, who interpreted my designs and ideas exactly as I had imagined. The collection of sterling silver pieces will evolve as time goes on, and hopefully include other birds, but poultry will always be my main theme. All the jewellery is 925 Sterling Silver and is totally unique to Peck and Feather.
The scarves are also my own design and again are unique to Peck and Feather. They are a cotton/viscose mix and are 180 cms long and 100 cms wide, so there is plenty of scope for many different scarf tying ideas!
I attend various events throughout the year exhibiting and selling my jewellery as well as many other bird themed accessories. Here are the next events I’ll be attending:
- 21 October: Open Day at Blackthorn Nursery, Stewkley
- 2-4 November: Open Days at Tower Fields, Souldern
(where I will be joined by others selling unique and lovely clothing and gifts – details will follow shortly)
- 17-24 November: Christmas Event at Stowe, Buckinghamshire. (National Trust)
- 25 November: Beachborough School Christmas Bazaar, Westbury, Bucks
- 6 December: Open Day at Blackthorn Nursery, Stewkley
- 2-3 December: The PCGB National Poultry Show at The International Centre, Telford
- 16-17 December: The National Federation of Poultry Clubs Federation Championship Show, County Showground, Stafford.